Pages

22.11.10

Makeup Movie Monday - Elizabeth

It seems as if it is too easy to follow up last weeks post with another historical film. What can I say? I'm a sucker. Elizabeth came on TV on Monday night and I knew what I had to do.

My last year of school, I remember locking myself in my room one weekend to do work and had a lineup of historical dramas to watch. Including Marie Antoinette, Elizabeth I and II, Goya's Ghosts etc. There is a scene at the end of the first Elizabeth; Cate Blanchette has her hair chopped off and as she raises her head and - gasp. It is phenomenal. 

Side note - the best thing about writing/talking about historical films is that you can't ruin anything or give something way. It already happened!

Jenny Shircore was responsible for the hair and makeup of both films. She was also behind Girl with the Pearl Earring, Clash of the Titans. Historical seems to be her thing. Historical and being awesome. She won an Oscar for Elizabeth. 

Anyways, I can't find that scene that breaks my heart when I think about it, nor a picture, so here are the trailers. 


/object>








No comments: