Pages

30.12.10

Priscilla Queen of the Desert


When I found out that Priscilla Queen of the Desert was coming to Toronto I 'eepped.' That is to say, I shrieked, rather loudly, in excitement. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I've always felt like I was meant to be a drag queen. Seeing the movie years ago, and I felt like I found my family. That is to say, my drag family. 

Here's a bit of a confession and side note: I get so weepy at theatre productions. Even happy ones. Sometimes, even at music concerts. The thing is, when I see people doing what they love and feeling like they've made it or their successful or they've really achieved something, I lose it. I get so overwhelmed with happiness for them and I start thinking about what the pinnacle of my career would mean to me and I'm in tears. It's so embarrassing. 

So, just before Christmas, my mum and I went to see the show at the Princess of Wales Theatre. It was sold out and our seats were fantastic. Perfect view of the stage and the crowd on the first balcony; audience members decked out in feather boas, holding LED martini glasses. 

The costumes were fantastic. The makeup was amazing. The hair was unbelievable. It's only playing until the 2nd of January so if you get a chance to see - GO!



(not my photo)


(not my photo)


No comments: