Pages

2.1.11

2011 - Resolutions

I've been trying to write this post for awhile and I've since completely flip flopped on the idea of resolutions and then flip flopped right back to where I started. So, in the words of my dearest Emily, here's the thing.

New beginnings? They happen every day. Every night I go to bed with the opportunity to wake up and change my perspective. Start a new habit. Quit an old one. Lose one thing and find another. Every single day, I can do that.

To me, starting something on January 1st, is kind of like setting myself up for failure. It's the new year, and everyone is talking about it, so it's easy and natural to make a long list of things I wish were different and plans to change those things. But the holidays are hectic and crazy and the first few weeks of January, when I'm planning to make over my whole life, are often spent playing catch up. There's laundry and grocery shopping to do. I need to mop the kitchen like you wouldn't believe. And Tonka? He looks like he could use a shower and that is a whole other drama. In between of my regular chores and duties I'm exhausted just thinking about including a whole new list to do that are completely out of my routine. Whew.

What I think the end of the year is great for, is, reflection. I reflect to find things to change but I'm not going to give myself a list and a due date because if I had a list, the first thing on it would be STRESS LESS. People change, and I am no exception. But this year, that change is welcome to come on it's own, as it seems fit. Not all within the first month of the year. 

January is just another month and 2011 is just another year. I'm pumped to keep going forward in my life and career. Instead of stressful expectations, I just want to keep on keeping on. I'm planning for more in every aspect of my life. But it's not a goal for the year. It's a continuation of my life.

xoxo








ok. also, I did totally make a resolution to learn more about food in an effort to eat better. Than I ate oreo's with whip cream. So uh... maybe I should resolve to grow some will power.

No comments: