Pages

6.1.11

Ok, you need this book. Makeup is Art!

I declared to my mother just before Christmas that surely, I had enough makeup books and would not need anymore. Any new acquisitions to my book shelf would have to be food, fiction or business based. 

Then Thursday, on my way home from blo, I passed a Chapters and decided to check for the new In Beauty (more on that later) and saw Makeup is Art: Professional Techniques for Creating Original Looks for 60% off!!!!! Well, 60% for irewards members. No big deal, but I'm a member. So, it was $8 something and I threw it into the pile and went home. I didn't really get a chance to take a look until this evening.





I have been poring over this book for the past hour or so. The photography is excellent, the writing is clear and concise and the product recommendations are all totally reachable. The makeup ranges from contemporary takes on period looks, to outlandish bejeweled creations, to wearable, tangible faces. I haven't finished reading all the text but I can tell, this is going to be one of my favs. 





Aside from the oh-so-right rhinestones, the book includes a great Q+A's for newbie's and finishes with a comprehensive list of suppliers. The list of makeup and hair products used, hair and makeup artists and more (complete with websites!) has given me hours more of drool-worthy inspiration. 



No comments: